Thursday, August 18, 2011

Back to school, back to work


Add to Technorati Favorites
It always seems that when the heat rolls in, and the kids are out of school, and the garden is in full swing, and the fence needs painting, the desire to work--you know, the it's-your-job work--seems to diminish.

But just as sure, when the mornings turn a little cooler, and the back-to-school shopping is done, it's a little easier to get an entire day in, and somehow, I get WAY more accomplished.

So as I look toward the end of August, I feel a sense of excitement: a new Broadway season is right around the corner, I've got tickets to new shows in Seattle (Les Mis 0n the 27th!) and this year, I'm being sent to the Washington Arts Alliance conference.

The WAA brings together presenters, agents and performers, so you can actually sit down and talk about what you are hoping to book in the near future, and see what they have to offer.

On the evenings of the three days I'll be at the conference, I'll get to see snippets of real shows, which is so much better than just reading outlines. I'll be focusing most of my attention on youth theatre, but will be taking in all I can on shows that might perform in our 4th Street venue, as well.

That said, is there anything you'd like to see? Modern dance? Comedy? Sleight of Hand? Alternative? It will all be at the conference, so feel free to let me know!

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment