Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It’s embarrassing, but I’ll admit it. I don’t recognize most of Town Hall’s guests. Perhaps I just don’t pay enough attention to the world, or I filter out too much of the news in an effort to avoid becoming depressed.

Okay. Maybe I’m just a little ignorant.

So, when I heard that Dan Buettner was coming to Town Hall, it didn’t ring a bell. I googled him, and was pleasantly surprised at some of the cool stuff this guy has done, primarily his Earthtreks, Inc. endeavors.

Mr. Buettner has bicycled across several countries. In 1993, he began transmitting videos and stories from the places he was traveling via the internet. Soon hundreds of thousands of students we’re “traveling” with him, asking questions, getting responses, and seeing the world almost first hand. These trans-world education experiences became the foundation for Earthtreks, Inc.
What a cool way to make a difference.

Mr. Buettner will be presenting at the Capitol Theatre on Wednesday, October 23.
I, for one, will be sure to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment